[ZendTo] Terms and Conditions feature - where is text defined?

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Mar 27 09:24:48 GMT 2020

Ken,

On 26/03/2020 21:36, Ken Etter via ZendTo wrote:
> Is there any way to easily see how the text displays before enabling it?
Not easily, that's what pre-production servers are for.
Otherwise you can just put the text into a new .html file and ask your
web browser to display that file. It's just raw HTML.

The key to how to find out how to edit the text is to get ZendTo to
display the default text to you.
The initial contents of the text is nothing but instructions on how to
change it.

I carefully did not write any initial guess at real "terms and
conditions" text, as I knew most people would never bother changing it,
and I have no skills or knowledge in writing that sort of text.

>> On 26 Mar 2020, at 21:07, Ken Etter via ZendTo <zendto at zend.to
>> <mailto:zendto at zend.to>> wrote:
>>
>> I don't see anywhere to define the actual contents of the terms and
>> conditions.  Where might that be stored?
>
> tl;dr: it’s in your language file. You’ll need to do the language
> rebuild (makelanguages) after you’ve edited it.
>
> Longer:
>
> "msgid ""
> "This is a terms and conditions waiver that recipients must agree to.\n"
> "    <br/>To switch it on/off, see the settings
> <tt>showRecipientsWaiverCheckbox</tt> and
> <tt>defaultRecipientsWaiver</tt> in
> <tt>/opt/zendto/config/preferences.php</tt>.\n"
> "    <br/>It can be long and may contain HTML tags.\n"
> "    <br/>To change this text:\n"
> "    <ol>\n"
> "      <li>look for this text in the
> <tt>/opt/zendto/config/locale/*_*/LC_MESSAGES/zendto.po</tt> text
> files</li>\n"
> immediately following it</li>\n"
> "      <li>restart Apache (to ensure it really picks up the new
> text).</li>\n"
> "    <p>This is exactly how you change the text for anything in the
> ZendTo interface. For more info, read <a
> href=\"https://zend.to/translators.php\">the translations page in the
> documentation</a>.</p>"
> msgstr """
>
> Neil

The current UK shipping forecast:
North Rockall: Northwesterly 3 or 4, veering northerly 5 or 6. Moderate or
rough. Fair. Good.