[ZendTo] A couple issues (possibly feature requests) regarding dropoffs

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Mar 15 14:20:37 GMT 2020

Brian,

On 13/03/2020 01:44, Brian Novogradac via ZendTo wrote:
> We are experiencing two main problems:
> -Recipients of a 'DropOff' can delete the drop off – is there a way to
> lock/disable the ability for a recipient to delete a dropoff?
They could only ever do that if there was only 1 recipient for the
drop-off. I have since removed this feature altogether, quite some time
ago, as it could cause some problems.

> -If several files are 'Dropped Off' and the recipient only
> downloads/'Picks Up' only one of them (for example, 1 out of 3 files),
> we only receive a notification for that first file they've 'Picked
> Up'. If they 'Pick Up' the remaining two files, we don't receive any
> notification that they have done so. Is there a way to enable
> notifications for each file that a recipient has 'Picked Up'?
Not currently, no. I decided long ago that no one wanted to be
blizzarded with emails every time each recipient picked up, say, 10
files from a large drop-off. It explicitly only emails for the first
file they pick up.

A large pick-up sent to many recipients could generate a vast number of
email notifications, which I doubt anyone really wants.

> Brian

'They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
  Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
  They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
  They fell with their faces to the foe.

  They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
  Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
  At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
  We will remember them.

  They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
  They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
  They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
  They sleep beyond England's foam.'
     - Ode of Remembrance, Laurence Binyon