[ZendTo] Missing login

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jun 3 19:34:32 BST 2020

Travis,

On 03/06/2020 17:56, Travis Zimmerman wrote:
> I’ve gotten nearly all of our changes into zendto.po for en_US
You should just be able to drop your zendto.po into
/opt/zendto/config/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES and then run
/opt/zendto/bin/makelanguages. It will fill everything else with the
supplied defaults for you.

/opt/zendto/config/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/zendto.po
wins over
/opt/zendto/config/locale/supplied/en_US.zendto.po
which wins over
/opt/zendto/config/locale/zendto.pot
when you run /opt/zendto/bin/makelanguages.

> but one of our tweaks was some added HTML formatting to
> email_dropoff_html.tpl file, I’ve added it into the appropriate msgstr
> line but the email I get has the code listed literally instead of
> rendering the HTML tags.
> I see that you use it HTML tags in other language zendto.po files.
> Looking at the email source all the < and > are being turned into >
> or < as appropriate.
All the languages work the same way. But only some of the text
substitutions are done allowing HTML tags. Not most of them.
Check what is really in a working zendto.po versus a non-working one.
They are just text files. By default the {t} you see in *.tpl files
escapes things like < and >. If I've put the "noescape" attribute in
there, then you can put HTML tags in the msgstr line.

> Thanks for adding those ids to body, headers, and footers that will
> help us greatly.
Good.

> I’ve nudged my managers but have see what we can get since CoVid-19 is
> reducing our budget.
Thanks!

> [...]
>>> files to apply our university’s color scheme and we changed username
>>> to email in a couple places ( our students are on a different domain
>>> than the staff, so we use email for auth ).
>> You should change any text in the
>> /opt/zendto/config/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/zendto.po file.
>> After changing this file, run /opt/zendto/bin/makelanguages and then
>> restart Apache.
>> This is all explained on
>> https://zend.to/translators.php
>>
>> Then your customisations will survive upgrades and will not affect
>> and upgrades to the template files.
>>
>> It may seem strange to be reading docs about translating it to
>> another language. But effectively you are just customising the
>> "en_US" translation.
>>
>> In that zendto.po file (it's just plain text), there are lots of
>> "msgid" strings. This is the text that is in the template file for
>> that phrase. Each one has a corresponding "msgstr" string, which
>> contains the text that ZendTo actually serves up for that phrase. If
>> the msgstr is empty (msgstr "") then it defaults back to serving up
>> the msgid string.
>>
>> So, when translating to a new language (e.g. Welsh), the msgid would
>> be the English version that is in the template file. The msgstr
>> version would be the Welsh equivalent. But in your case the msgstr
>> version is just the modified (English) text you want to display.
>>
>> Does that explain it?
>> If you're not sure, send me an example and I will show you exactly
>> what the relevant zendto.po entries look like.
>>
>>> We use the local.css file to make any changes to the css code.
>>>
>>> Here’s what we touched, don’t know if this could be added ( or some
>>> similar way ) for helping with branding or did our web dev team miss
>>> something?
>>> Added an id to the body tag.
>>> header.tpl
>> Done.
>>>
>>> Added an id to this td and removed the background color from its style.
>>> email_footer_html.tpl
>> I've called it "email-footer". I've also named the corresponding
>> header "email-header".
>>
>> There is now a bit of CSS in the email_header.tpl that sets the
>> background-color for #email-header and #email-footer. The "local.css"
>> is inserted just after this, so overrides it.
>>
>> That should fix it all for you.
>>
>>> As always, thanks for the help and making this product.
>>>
>> Many thanks for that!
>>
>> P.S. Please do feel free to ask your employer to either make a
>> donation, or else to pay an invoice for development work or similar.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jules.

>> Jules
>>
>> --
>> Julian Field MEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
>>
>> The current UK shipping forecast:
>> Faeroes: East 4 to 6 becoming cyclonic 5 to 7. Slight or moderate becoming
>> moderate or rough, then very rough or high later. Fog banks then rain.
>> Moderate, occasionally very poor at first.

'The owls are not what they appear.' - David Lynch (indirectly)