[ZendTo] Chunk error after upgrading to v6

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jun 3 14:25:30 BST 2020

Neil,

This means that
ini_get('upload_tmp_dir') returned an empty string (or NULL).

Please can you run this command
     php -i | grep upload_tmp_dir
The upload_tmp_dir setting should resolve to /var/zendto/incoming.

If it doesn't, we need to find why. The relevant php.ini file should be in
     /etc/php/7./x//apache2/php.ini

If you have moved to a new version of PHP at the same time, it's quite
possible that the correct php.ini hasn't had any of ZendTo's changes
applied to it.
When you find one that has been modified for ZendTo, there should be a
php.ini.zendto in the same directory. php.ini.zendto is what was there
before ZendTo touched it, so a quick diff will show you the differences
you need.

Alternatively, running stage 5 of the ZendTo Installer on its own will
re-apply the php.ini settings.

On 03/06/2020 13:10, Neil via ZendTo wrote:
> I upgraded to the latest version, running on Debian 10, and tried to
> transfer a file.
>
> It hung before the checksumming screen appeared.
>
> tail -f zendto.log
> Error: Opening temp file /nbqahgNJZaUn975PiRvsystWjzES5ket.1 for
> appending failed
>

> tail -f /var/log/apache2/ssl_error.log
>  Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:
>  fopen(/sbkqXGFPxfHT3xhb7BGxiwu8HoDRoyZc.1): failed to open stream:
> Permission denied in /opt/zendto/www/savechunk.php on line 117\n'
>
>  In preferences.php, I changed:
>
>  // To completely disable sending files in chunks, set this to 0.
> 'uploadChunkSize' => 0, // 50 MB as an example
>
> From 50000 to 0, to disable sending in chunks, and restarted the
> webserver.
>
> It then worked.
>
> I cannot say, sadly, whether it was the config change or the restart
> of the webserver which did it.
>

> Neil

'We are such stuff as dreams are made on.
  And our little life is rounded with a sleep.'
    - Starfleet Admiral Jean-Luc Picard (retired)