[ZendTo] Chunk error after upgrading to v6

zend.to at neilzone.co.uk zend.to at neilzone.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 13:10:26 BST 2020

I upgraded to the latest version, running on Debian 10, and tried to transfer a file.

It hung before the checksumming screen appeared.

tail -f zendto.log
Error: Opening temp file /nbqahgNJZaUn975PiRvsystWjzES5ket.1 for appending failed

tail -f /var/log/apache2/ssl_error.log
 Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  fopen(/sbkqXGFPxfHT3xhb7BGxiwu8HoDRoyZc.1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/zendto/www/savechunk.php on line 117\n'

 In preferences.php, I changed:

 // To completely disable sending files in chunks, set this to 0.
'uploadChunkSize' => 0, // 50 MB as an example

From 50000 to 0, to disable sending in chunks, and restarted the webserver.

It then worked.

I cannot say, sadly, whether it was the config change or the restart of the webserver which did it.

Neil