[ZendTo] Uploading - Scanning, Checksumming... message remains after drop-off

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Jul 23 14:04:06 BST 2020

Marlon,

This leads me to think that PHP is getting killed. So in some cases it
will return an error (your PDF problem), but more likely it will just
die without returning anything (such as your example below).

Temporarily, add a file called "info.php" to /opt/zendto/www and in it
put this exact code (apart from the —SNIP--- lines)
— SNIP —
<?PHP
phpinfo();
?>
— SNIP —

Then go to your ZendTo site, with "info.php" on the end of the URL
instead of anything else.

That will print *loads* of information about your PHP environment.
Check particularly the value of "memory_limit". It should be at least 300M.

Remember to delete the /opt/zendto/www/info.php file again as soon as
you've finished with it. It would give an attacker an awful lot of
useful information about your site!

Otherwise, check in your Apache error logs (in either /var/log/apache2
or /var/log/httpd) for any errors (looking for "PHP Fatal" is often
quite productive). Apache should have logged why your PHP was killed.

Hope that helps,
Jules.