[ZendTo] Authentication Error - The username or password was incorrect

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jul 22 09:54:55 BST 2020

Also, google "phpmailer Could not connect to SMTP host" and you will
find lots of helpful articles.

BTW for 99% of users the Installer gets it all right first time. :-)

On 21/07/2020 20:55, Marlon Deerr wrote:

> Hey Jules,
>
> Here is a portion of what was displayed after my attempt to re-send
> the dropoff. It failed (obviously), but I’m not sure why it is.
>
> 2020-07-21 16:51:21 CLIENT -> SERVER: STARTTLS
>
> 2020-07-21 16:51:21 SERVER -> CLIENT: 220 2.0.0 SMTP server ready
>
> SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.
>
> 2020-07-21 16:51:21 CLIENT -> SERVER: QUIT
>
> 2020-07-21 16:51:21 SERVER -> CLIENT:
>
> 2020-07-21 16:51:21 SMTP ERROR: QUIT command failed:
>
> SMTP connect() failed. Sta
>
> *_What I have done to troubleshoot_*
>
> *__*
>
> 1.Tried setting the SMTP port within preferences to 25, 465 & 587 –
> failed on each re-send
>
> 2.Opened a PowerShell prompt opened a telnet session to our mail
> server (on port 25) – success
>
> 3.Sent a simple email from myself to myself – success (my Outlook
> client received it right away)
>
> 4.Sent another simple test email but this time from another email
> address to myself - success
>
> This tells me that technically I can connect to the server and send
> emails. Not sure why ZendTo is failing to connect.
>

> Marlon Deerr, Technology Manager
> 416-572-8795(direct) | MDeerr at hshlawyers.com
> <mailto:MDeerr at hshlawyers.com>
> <https://www.hshlawyers.com>
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/howie-sacks-&-henry-llp---personal-injury-law/>
> <https://twitter.com/hshlawyers>
> <https://www.facebook.com/HSHPersonalInjuryLawyers/>
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/hshlawyers> 	3500 - 20 Queen St. W.,
> Toronto, ON M5H 3R3
> Fax: 416-361-0083 | Toll Free: 877-474-5997 | www.hshlawyers.com
> <https://www.hshlawyers.com>
>

> This Howie Sacks & Henry e-mail is privileged, confidential and
> subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.

'There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world;
  and that is an idea whose time has come.'