[ZendTo] Predefined Drop Offs

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jul 21 14:47:45 BST 2020

Gregg, Luigi,

Your start and expiry date/time pickers on the "request a drop-off" page
are nearly there.
I want to re-arrange the page a bit first, and improve the HTML in it so
I'm using grids and flex boxes like I now do in the "new drop-off" form.

I'll release a beta once I think I've got it all right.

On 12/07/2020 14:29, Luigi Capriotti wrote:
> Hi Jules,
>
> >There would also need to be Start and End Date fields, which would
> define the period the PDO will be active for.
> this is not 100% feasible right now, isn't it.
> Acknowledging the start date is not easily implemented with the
> current backend library, I would envisage the availability of an
> "advanced" PDO setup option where the end of the drop-off validity can
> be set based on calendar/time pickers. The specified timestamp would
> be used to calculate the validity of the drop-off in minutes.
>
> Luigi
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 7:55 PM Jules via ZendTo <zendto at zend.to
> <mailto:zendto at zend.to>> wrote:
>
>     Gregg,
>
>     You can basically do all of this now.
>
>     Your "Predefined Drop Off(PDO)" is what ZendTo calls a "request
>     for a drop-off". There is a button on the main menu to do exactly
>     this.
>     You can send these to multiple recipients by putting multiple
>     email addresses in the "Request a drop-off" form, just separate
>     them with commas or spaces.
>
>     The rest of it you can do with ZendTo's automation feature, where
>     you can create a "request for a drop-off" from the command-line,
>     and hence from a script. You would need to write something to tie
>     that in to your existing coursework management system, but the
>     scripts that drive ZendTo automatically are actually nothing more
>     than a long "curl" command to do an HTTP POST operation that
>     supplies all the information in 1 hit.
>
>     The automation stuff is documented here
>     zend.to/automation <http://zend.to/automation>
>     and there is a script called "autorequest" which automates the
>     "request a drop-off" process.
>
>     Any more questions, problems, or any other way I can help, please
>     do no hesitate to get in touch.
>
>     I work for a University myself, and have written coursework
>     submission systems before. A few of our academics use our instance
>     of ZendTo to get coursework submissions from students, especially
>     when they are large submissions like videos of interviews.
>
>     Hope that helps,
>     Jules.
>
>     On 08/07/2020 18:08, Gregg Douglas via ZendTo wrote:
>>
>>     Hey Jules,
>>

>>     I hope you are keeping safe and healthy.
>>

>>     I would like to bounce an idea with you?
>>
>>     Take a Lecturer or Tender Officer, they need to request students
>>     to submit assignments or suppliers to submit tenders.
>>
>>     This person (Lecturer or Tender Officer) would then access ZendTO
>>     and create a “Predefined Drop Off(PDO)”. In this PDO, one would
>>     preselect or predefine all the fields and options. The Subject,
>>     would also be predefined, but would be used as a field to group
>>     the PDOs. So, for a Lecturer they would use the Subject to define
>>     the name of the assignment that the students must submit. A
>>     Tender Officer would use the Subject to define the Tender
>>     Reference. The Short Note Field could be left as a free text
> [...]

The current UK shipping forecast:
Trafalgar: Cyclonic 6 to gale 8 at first in southeast, otherwise northerly 5
to 7, becoming variable 3 or 4 in southeast. Moderate or rough, occasionally
very rough. Thundery showers. Good, occasionally poor.