[ZendTo] Authentication Error - The username or password was incorrect

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jul 15 17:35:01 BST 2020

Are you actually seeing the < and > characters?
You didn't actually type those into the /opt/zendto/bin/adduser command,
did you?

Have a read of the AD troubleshooting steps on
     zend.to/activedirectory

Do you know if you're running with a locally-signed certificate on your
AD servers?

Assuming you have the hostname and port number (636 usually) of your  AD
server, try
*openssl s_client -connect your-ad-server.company.com:636*

That will show you the initial SSL/TLS handshake involving all the
certificates.
You'll need to Ctrl-C it at the end, but what it prints out should be
very useful so you can see exactly what is using which certs.

Hope that helps,
Jules.