[ZendTo] New ZendTo Site Not loading

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jul 14 16:40:18 BST 2020

Marlon,

Do
     php -l /opt/zendto/config/preferences.php
to see if you have any syntax errors in preferences.php.

After that, if it's still not behaving, look in your Apache error log
for a "PHP Fatal error". That will tell you where the error occurred too.

On 13/07/2020 23:27, Marlon Deerr via ZendTo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m in the process of setting up a  brand new install of ZendTo site
> on a Ubuntu 20.04 server.  I’ve run into an issue where I just can no
> longer get the home page to load. After a successful install of
> Zendto, here are the steps I performed until the issue arose
>
> 1.Created a test user successfully
>
> 2.Logged in as that test user successfully
>
> 3.Changed the ServiceTitle in the zendto.conf file without problem.
>
> a.I ‘m able to access the site and see all instances where that
> variable would display that variable.
>
> 4.Acquired the required Captcha keys from Google an inserted them
> successfully within preferences.php
>
> a.Launch website after this successfully
>
> 5.Edited preferences.php again but this time changed all AD
> authentication related entries
>
> a.Attempted to access webpage to see if I it work BUT now the site
> does not load at all.
>
> I am stumped at 5a. I can’t figure out why the home page won’t load.
>  Apart from an Error 500 from Google Chrome, no other error is give.
> Is this possibly related to it having a self-signed certificate?  Any
> guidance on this would be grated appreciated as I am at a loss.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marlon

'In Flanders fields the poppies blow
  Between the crosses, row on row,
  That mark our place: and in the sky
  The larks still bravely singing fly
  Scarce heard amid the guns below.

  We are the dead: Short days ago,
  We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
  Loved and were loved: and now we lie
  In Flanders fields!

  Take up our quarrel with the foe
  To you, from failing hands, we throw
  The torch: be yours to hold it high
  If ye break faith with us who die,
  We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
  In Flanders fields.' Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae

Composed at the battlefront on May 3, 1915
during the second battle of Ypres, Belgium