[ZendTo] Abandoned files in 'incoming'

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Dec 8 20:28:21 GMT 2020

On 12/3/2020 2:52 AM, Jules wrote:
>> 1) I see a reference in the preferences:
>>
>>   // This is where your drop-offs are stored.
>>   // It must be on the same filesystem as /var/zendto/incoming, and
>>   // on preferably on the same filesystem as /var/zendto.
>>   'dropboxDirectory'     => NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR."dropoffs",
>>
>> Why the "same filesystem" requirement for 'incoming' and 'dropoffs'?

> Because it basically does a "mv" from the incoming directory to the
> dropoffs directory.
> If they are on the same filesystem, that is an instant atomic operation.
> If they aren't, that could take minutes, where the user will just be
> left waiting and wondering why his upload got to 100% and then just sat
> there!

>> 2) The lines above define 'dropoffs'. Where is 'incoming' defined?
> php.ini. It's the temporary upload location that PHP uses.

Found it, thank you.

Why isn't this defined in preferences (with the rest)?

It could be explicitly listed, or relative to NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR
(especially considering we'd like all that stuff to be in a common file
system).

By tweaking php.ini, and the path in the scavenging cron job, have I set
myself up for complications in the next ZendTo version-update?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska