[ZendTo] Abandoned files in 'incoming'

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Dec 1 20:45:33 GMT 2020

We're running 6.05-4 on CentOS 7
 From time to time, I'm finding abandoned files in 'incoming', of the form:
> bKH5SY6MTmy2fJ4b6N3N5XbyjCbnw8if.1
> bKH5SY6MTmy2fJ4b6N3N5XbyjCbnw8if.2
> bKH5SY6MTmy2fJ4b6N3N5XbyjCbnw8if.3
> bKH5SY6MTmy2fJ4b6N3N5XbyjCbnw8if.4

The dates on the files leave me confident they are derelict, so I smoke
the oldest and reclaim my disk space.

I've tried to find the footprints of these files in logs, but have
failed. It looks to me like these are used during upload, before ZendTo
creates a 16-character directory name in 'dropoffs' and relocates the
files to it. But it doesn't look like ZendTo logs the activity until the
upload is complete.

> Info: new unencrypted dropoff T9dFqdfZENNkgnAd of 3 files created

I'd like to do something more than periodically empty my disk of
abandoned files. I'd like to figure out why they are abandoned, and
correct the problem. In what log should I be looking to find more
footprints?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration