[ZendTo] Sending SMTP with TLS

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Apr 22 10:02:51 BST 2020

John,

tl;dr: It's using your system-level CA stores.

PHPMailer uses the openssl library. In CentOS, php relies on the
operating system default locations for finding openssl's certificate store.

The answers appear to be here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37043442/how-to-add-certificate-authority-file-in-centos-7

On 21/04/2020 23:45, John Thurston via ZendTo wrote:
> I'm running ZendTo 5.17-6 on CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810
>
> It's using the 'new' PHPMailer, not the 'old' PHP mail() function.
>
> Where does PHPMailer look for root or intermediate certificates when
> attempting to STARTTLS? Is this a setting specific to PHP? Or is it
> using my system-level CA stores?

'Infosec: A profession that turns normal people into whiskey drinking,
  swearing, paranoid, disheartened curmudgeons with no hope for the
  future of computers or humanity.' - Urban Dictionary