[ZendTo] Amount of allowed characters not shown correctly in "Request a Dropoff" subject

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Tue Mar 12 11:37:31 GMT 2019

Tobias,

On 12/03/2019 11:11, Tobias Tafart via ZendTo wrote:

> We’re running Zendto 5.17-4.
>
> When a user tries to request a dropoff with a subject line longer than
> the amount of allowed characters, they get a request error as
> expected. But the error does not show the number of allowed
> characters. Here’s  the output to the user:
>
> > Your subject line to the recipients is characters long. It must be
> less than Use the Back button in your browser to go back and fix this
> error before trying again.
>
> As this happened just the same on a fresh install without customized
> configuration on a separate server with a different PHP version, I
> assume this is a bug and not a configuration error, but I just want to
> confirm here.
>
> In the webserver logs there also is a PHP error:
>
> [Tue Mar 12 11:46:35.331412 2019] [php7:notice] [pid 4833] [client
> ::1:58278] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: d in
> /opt/zendto/lib/Req.php on line 180
>
> The problem seems to be that " are used instead of ' for the string,
> so sprintf can’t replace the arguments with their contents; if I
> replace the apostrophes, it works just fine but I’m not a PHP dev so I
> don’t know if that is the best fix...

Yes, well spotted. Should of course have been single quotes.

> Is there a place where I can file a bug report?

You just did. :-)
As you have confirmed that the change fixes the problem for you, it will
be in the next release.

Many thanks for letting me know!

'I've heard that it's possible to grow up. I've just never met
  anyone who's actually done it.' - Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy