[ZendTo] Amount of allowed characters not shown correctly in "Request a Dropoff" subject

Tobias Tafart tobias.tafart at nextlayer.at
Tue Mar 12 11:11:13 GMT 2019

Hi,

We’re running Zendto 5.17-4.

When a user tries to request a dropoff with a subject line longer than the
amount of allowed characters, they get a request error as expected. But the
error does not show the number of allowed characters. Here’s  the output to
the user:

> Your subject line to the recipients is characters long. It must be less
than Use the Back button in your browser to go back and fix this error
before trying again.

As this happened just the same on a fresh install without customized
configuration on a separate server with a different PHP version, I assume
this is a bug and not a configuration error, but I just want to confirm
here.

In the webserver logs there also is a PHP error:

[Tue Mar 12 11:46:35.331412 2019] [php7:notice] [pid 4833] [client
::1:58278] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: d in /opt/zendto/lib/Req.php on
line 180

The problem seems to be that " are used instead of ' for the string, so
sprintf can’t replace the arguments with their contents; if I replace the
apostrophes, it works just fine but I’m not a PHP dev so I don’t know if
that is the best fix...

Anyone else facing that problem? Is there a place where I can file a bug
report?

Regards,

Tobias Tafart
System Engineer

 <https://www.nextlayer.at/>

next layer Tele­kommunikations­dienst­leistungs- und Beratungs GmbH
1150 Wien | Mariahilfer Gürtel 37/7
fon: +43 5 1764-894 | fax: +43 5 1764-900 | m: +43 664 2 1764 94
web:  <https://www.nextlayer.at/> www.nextlayer.at

 <https://www.nextlayer.at/twitter>

 <https://www.nextlayer.at/xing>

 <https://www.nextlayer.at/linkedin>