[ZendTo] authLDAPEmailAttr instead of internaldomains.conf

MICHAEL R MASSE mrm at medicine.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 11 16:20:27 GMT 2019

We have users that use our own internal email domains and using the internaldomains.conf file works well for those cases, but I also have users that do not use our email domains and use something like gmail.com and I would really rather not add gmail.com to our internaldomains.conf file.     We consider our authLDAPEmailAttr as definitive, so it contains the user's correct email address regardless of whether it is an internal or external email domain.    So essentially, if a lookup of authLDAPEmailAttr finds a match, then they are an internal user.    I'm not so worried about sending, because legitimate users can always just log in to Zendto, but if I have a gmail email user, they cannot receive from an outside user unless I add gmail.com to internaldomains.conf.     That does bring up a question though.   Does internaldomains.conf allow you to specify individual email addresses?   Could I specify userabc at gmail.com in internaldomains.conf without having to allow every other gmail.com automatically?

Mike