[ZendTo] User notification of problems with email

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon Jun 17 10:27:18 BST 2019

Mike,

Sorry for the delay on this one, I've been thinking about it (slowly! :-)

Check out the setting 'SMTPsetFromToSender' in preferences.php. Provided
your SMTP server will accept a "MAIL FROM" envelope address of anyone,
you might want to try setting this to TRUE. Then any delivery errors
(NDRs) will be sent to the person who sent the drop-off, not you.

On 15/05/2019 7:37 pm, MICHAEL R MASSE via ZendTo wrote:

> if a user tries to send a file to someone but enters the email address
> incorrectly, the ‘EmailSenderAddress’ email address gets the
> bounceback, which I then have automatically forwarded to an
> administrator, but the actual sending user doesn’t get any warning or
> error without manual intervention.     Is there a setting to allow the
> sender to receive email bouncebacks without having to rely on an
> administrator manually forwarding bounceback emails?
>
> -Mike

'Split apart, reunited, or adjusting for new conditions on the
  ground, a family is a double-edged sword. They're the best of times,
  the worst of times, your keys to the kingdom and the skeletons in
  your closet. If only we didn't have to eat dinner with them.'
  -- Mary, "In Plain Sight"