[ZendTo] ANNOUNCE: Production release 5.21-1

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Fri Aug 9 22:02:09 BST 2019

Hmm...just ran the sub installer for Zend.To and took a closer look and realized it was throwing this error:

Problem: nothing provides jq needed by zendto-5.21-1.noarch
 Solution 1: do not install zendto-5.21-1.noarch
 Solution 2: break zendto-5.21-1.noarch by ignoring some of its dependencies

And it chose C, and did not install the new version.

Any suggestions for how to fix this dependency?

Ken
>>> Ken Etter 8/9/2019 4:47 PM >>>
I'm currently running 5.15-1.  I was under the impression that I just needed to download the latest installer and run it and that would update me to the latest version.  Just tried that, but no version change.  So what is the current process?  I'm running on SUSE, so I don't use apt-get or yum.

Thanks,
Ken
>>> Jules via ZendTo <zendto at zend.to> 8/9/2019 10:20 AM >>>
Folks,
Before I head off to Wales for a well-earned week of rest, I have just done a new production release of ZendTo.
There are many small improvements and fixes, but the major new features are:
1. When you download a drop-off, there is a new "Download all files as a zip" button. It does what it says on the tin. Note that if the drop-off itself was encrypted, the zip file you download will *not* be encrypted. It doesn't require any significant memory overhead on the ZendTo server, and needs no temporary disk space or anything, even if the drop-off is huge. It's generated on the fly as your browser downloads it.
2. The "Request a drop-off" functionality is improved. At this point you can enforce encryption on the resulting drop-off, and set the passphrase that will be used. The person sending you the drop-off never finds out what the passphrase is, and they cannot disable the encryption. Also the little red "trash can" buttons in the recipient name autocomplete lists have spread to the "Request a drop-off" form.
3. You can place an announcement in /opt/zendto/config/system-announcement.txt (it can be HTML or plain text). If there is anything in this file it will be shown as a note to all users at the top of the "main menu" and "login" pages. Read the comments above the new preferences.php setting 'systemAnnouncementFilePath' to see exactly how to specify the header and content. Leave the file 0 bytes long and it won't do anything.
For the full details, please see the Change Log
( https://zend.to/changelog.php)  on the website.
I'm heading off to see my folks in Wales for a week's rest, but do let me know if you find any problems. There are still outstanding jobs and features on my To Do list, but they will wait a week or two.
P.S. Sorry for the formatting of this email. I'm running macOS Catalina beta 5, which totally broke Thunderbird :-( I'm reliably informed that beta 6 will fix it again!
Jules at Zend.To