[ZendTo] Issues with variable interpolation after upgrade

Luke Howerter luke at brit.com
Wed Aug 7 17:07:14 BST 2019

Hello,

I have ended up with the maintenance of my company's zendto server after
a colleague left. Google recaptcha broke after we changed ISPs, and
attempting to use newly created keys led to a very odd error where
instead of an actual recaptcha, it just printed the public key to the
screen. I went ahead and updated according to the website directions
(installed new packages for this Ubuntu 14.04 server) and ran the update
script in /opt/zendto/bin.

This seemed to get us back up and working with one caveat; the values
from our zendto.conf are not being inserted into the template. Poking
around I see that it may be that values whose names haven't changed
between our old config and new seem to work (ServiceTitle, notably) but
ones which are new (OrganizationShortName, for example) are blank. The
variable names in the template and the .conf match, and they have the
correct values in the .conf file. Does anyone have a suggestion for this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Luke Howerter
System Administrator I, BRIT Systems

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain BRIT Systems LLC.
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject
to copyright belonging to BRIT Systems LLC.is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C 2510-2521 and is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s).. This E-mail is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.