[ZendTo] email vs username REGEX

Guy Bertrand Guy.Bertrand at exelaonline.com
Tue Apr 30 23:11:28 BST 2019

Hi all,

I'm using the AD authenticator.  Users are login in using their email addresses, which are checked against our AD servers.  All is good.

Almost...I have one user who has an apostrophe in his email/account name, and cannot login.

I noticed that in the preferences.php file, the REGEX for username and email address do not match.  I've looked at the code, and I was trying to find (unsucessfully) if there is some type of filtering or conversion being done, and the actual lookup against AD uses a modifed usernameRegexp instead of the raw username as the user typed in the login screen.  The usernameRegexp does not seem to allow the apostrophe.

I'm still looking, but if anybody has a suggestion or an explanation why the username cannot use an apostrophe, I'd appreciate it.  Or do I simply change the username regex to allow for the apostrophe?

Regards,

Guy

// Regular expression defining a valid username for the Login page.
// Usually no need to change this.
'usernameRegexp'    => '/^([a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9\_\.\-\@\\\]*)$/i',

// regular expression defining a valid email address for anyone.
// Usually no need to change this.
// Must look like /^(user)\@(domain)$/
'validEmailRegexp' => '/^([a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9\.\_\-\+\&\']*)\@([a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9\_\-\.]+)$/i',

Please consider the environment before printing or forwarding this email. If you do print this email, please recycle the paper.

This email message may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged information. It is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received it in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and then delete this email message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in this email message to or by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Exela Technologies, Inc. or its subsidiaries.

This email does not constitute an agreement to conduct transactions by electronic means and does not create any legally binding contract or enforceable obligation against Exela in the absence of a fully signed written agreement.