[ZendTo] Scripted use of zend.to

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Apr 21 11:02:39 BST 2019

Keith,

I would very much like to see this, if you could be so kind!

How do you limit who/where can use the automated version?
I was thinking that you could automate the "Send a Request for a
Drop-off" process but leave the actual file upload process alone. Then
you can put much tighter controls on who/what can automatically create a
request, and you don't have to tweak the remote user's upload experience
at all.

Thanks!
Jules.

On 11/04/2019 10:26 pm, Keith Erekson via ZendTo wrote:

> The previous implementation of this project, back when it was the "UD
> Dropbox" had some sort of "custom upload form" functionality.
>
> I don't remember exactly what they called it, and 30 seconds of
> Googling hasn't turned up a download location for their code, but it's
> essentially a stripped-down UI that lets you (the admin) hard-code the
> recipient info, so people can't screw up the file transfer.
>
> This feature was dropped from ZendTo, but we've been forward-porting
> it for years, as some of our departments depend on it for various reasons.
>
> Using it requires some modifications to ZendTo, to allow uploads
> without the CAPTCHA verification. (By which I mean: we have been too
> lazy to implement the CAPTCHA in our custom dropoff interface; it was
> implemented before ZendTo had a CAPTCHA.)
>
> It wouldn't be possible to use this directly from a script (e.g., curl
> -X POST ...), as it still uses JavaScript, but you could possibly use
> it as a starting point to add a similar API interface.
>
> If there's interest, I can post some sanitized git diffs and/or some
> documentation about how it works.
>
> ~Keith
>
> On 4/5/19 11:29 AM, Neil via ZendTo wrote:
>> I have had a quick look through recent archives, and I can’t see
>> anything on this, but apologies if it has been covered already.
>>
>> Does anyone have an example of using zend.to in a scripted manner,
>> rather than through the web browser?
>>
>> I can think of a number of occasions where it would be useful to be
>> able to generate a zend.to drop-off request (to have someone drop a
>> file off for me) without me needing to log in to the UI and do it. I
>> suspect it can be done quite readily with curl, but I wonder if
>> someone has already tackled this and would be willing to share the
>> output?
>>
>> Best wishes
>>
>> Neil

The current UK shipping forecast:
Biscay: Variable, mainly northeast, 3 or 4, occasionally 5 later. Moderate.
Showers. Good.