[ZendTo] zendto.multi-domain.com, shared backend

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Apr 21 10:52:33 BST 2019

Kris,

I would be very surprised if this worked. In the database tables, there
are auto-incrementing counters that give out unique numbers for things
(if you wander the db schema, you'll find "dID" for example). If you
merge 2 copies into the same db, those numbers are going to clash and
all sorts of nasty things.

I would just force new drop-offs onto the new setup and let the old
setup expire in a month or whatever.

On 16/04/2019 6:00 pm, Kris Lou via ZendTo wrote:
> All,
>
> Previously, I ran dual copies of the /opt/zendto directories and
> pointed the data and library directories to the same location.  Apache
> webroots were pointing to different locations, and those had
> respective config files.
>
> I've since merged the two (and adjusted text accordingly), and both
> domains point to a single installation, but I can apparently only
> dropoff when accessing via one domain -- the one that matches
> "serverRoot" in preferences.php.  Otherwise, it complains of "Note
> that you cannot drop-off directories, only files."
>
> Is there any way to whitelist this 2nd root URL?  Adding a 2nd value
> to serverRoot?
>
> Not the end of the world if I can't, but thought I'd ask.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kris Lou
> klou at themusiclink.net <mailto:klou at themusiclink.net>

'Ensanguining the skies
  How heavily it dies
  Into the west away;
  Past touch and sight and sound
  Not further to be found,
  How hopeless under ground
    Falls the remorseful day.' - A.E.Houseman