[ZendTo] Migrating to new server

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Wed Apr 17 23:51:35 BST 2019

Old server:
	Debian Jessie (8)
	Zendto 4.28

New server:
	Debian Stretch (9)
	Zendto 5.17-6

I built a brand new server and with a minimal amount of fuss was able to get it configured thanks to Jules' handy update scripts.  Now however I want to move the existing uploads to the new server from the old one.  I found some old messages in this list which said to copy ALL the directories under /var/zendto/drop-offs and /var/zendto/incoming.  Easy enough.  Also saw a post by Jules mentioning to stop the cron.d jobs so things don't get out of whack during cleanup.

I don't know how to migrate the sql stuff however.  As nearly as I can tell, both servers are using SQLite.  Mysql does not exist on my new server (php7.3-mysql is installed however).  It is installed on the old server but not being used.  At least there aren't any tables with names like "zendto" or anything.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd suppose that there may well have been schema changes from 4.28 to the current version, 5.17-6.

So beyond moving the files over, what's the optimal way to get the database information moved?  Or is it even possible?

Thanks.

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.