[ZendTo] Reuse zendto.rrd with upgrade/replacement?

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Mar 8 17:39:55 GMT 2018

John,

Yes, you can. The rrd data is all controlled by the libraries that drive
it (none of my code). All I do is have a cron job that's a shell script
that pokes the last day's data at it using its "rrdtool" command.

Most definitely just take your zendto.rrd file with you.

I've got ~7 years of history on my graphs, I don't want to lose that!

On 07/03/2018 19:00, John Thurston wrote:
> I suspect the retirement of reCaptcha V1 is going to force my hand, and
> I'll need to move to ZendTo V5.
>
> Because I'm currently running on Solaris, and trying to deploy V5 on
> Solaris is an uphill slog (into a driving rain, in the mud, with bare
> feet, pushing a boulder), I'll be shipping V5 out as a fresh install on
> CentOS. We reach our application through a proxy, so between that and
> hostname trickery I think I can do a live move of customers to the V5 host.
>
> Is the zendto.rrd the same between V4 and V5 ? After building V5, can I
> just grab my old .rrd, throw it on the new server, thereby "backfilling"
> usage numbers for the V5 server?

'What happened in the past that was painful, has a great deal to
  do with what we are today.' - William Glasser