[ZendTo] unable to login

Sallee, Jake Jake.Sallee at umhb.edu
Wed Jul 25 14:54:38 BST 2018

All:

I'm having a weird issue in ZendTo version 5.02 with MS AD as the backend user DB.

No one is able to login when they try they get:

Authentication Error
The username or password was incorrect.

However I have verified my username and password and still I am not able to log in.

I have been scouring the logs without much success.  the only thing I see is this when I get the error on login:

==> /var/log/apache2/error.log <==
[Wed Jul 25 08:32:17.700721 2018] [php7:notice] [pid 3496] [client 10.11.0.54:47742] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SMTPsetFromToSender in /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropbox.php on line 317

Line 317 in the referenced file is this:

$this->_SMTPsetFromToSender   = $prefs['SMTPsetFromToSender'];

It seems to be referencing an non-existent setting in the preferences.php file, but commenting this line out changed nothing.

I have firewall logs showing there is communication going to the AD servers and this setup was working but then stopped.  As far as I can tell the AD integration bits are setup correctly ... I' am at a loss here.

Is there another log file I can look at to get some more info?  Is there some other troubleshooting step I can use (like a debug mode somewhere) to see more info?

Jake Sallee
Godfather of Bandwidth
System Engineer
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor