[ZendTo] Authenticator after update

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jul 4 09:40:54 BST 2018

John,

Does this only happen because you use the LDAP authenticator?
I use the AD one, and the upgrade_preferences_php does a perfect job for me.

Curious...

Jules.

On 03/07/2018 22:43, John Thurston via ZendTo wrote:
> Maybe this is old news to those who keep on top of their version
> updates. But since I've just invested an hour figuring it, I thought
> I'd stuff this into the archives so I can find it again in a couple of
> years. And maybe someone else will find it useful.
>
> The preferences.php.rpmnew available after an upgrade is box-stock. In
> my case, the important bit is it defined local authentication. Since
> I'm using ldap authorization, upgrade_preferences_php tells me it has
> removed all of my ldap specifications as "obsolete settings". It tells
> me all the settings it has removed, and I can put them all back. But
> that seems a long way round the barn. 'twould be better if my settings
> were just retained without me having to copy/paste/move them all.
>
> Reaching into preferences.php.rpmnew, commenting out:
>   'authenticator' => 'Local',
> and removing the comments from:
>   'authenticator'         => 'LDAP',
> as well as the comments on the other ldap specifications I need
>
> means upgrade_preferences_php recognizes these as not-obsolete
> settings and will retain the values defined in my originating
> preferences.php
>
> The result is then a ready-to-use preferences file.

'They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
  Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
  They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
  They fell with their faces to the foe.

  They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
  Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
  At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
  We will remember them.

  They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
  They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
  They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
  They sleep beyond England's foam.'
     - Ode of Remembrance, Laurence Binyon