[ZendTo] 4.99-6 : LDAP admin accounts and accents in organization name

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jan 16 10:23:53 GMT 2018

Denis,

On 16/01/2018 10:03, carré, denis wrote:

> Hi Jules, I’ll check the version you just sent.
>
> The changes I made were only translating “Claim ID” and “Claim
> passcode” occurences, the previous translation kept the English terms,
> But to my mind those English terms have no meaning for French people.
> I kept the rest of the translation, it seems to be pretty good.

That is a very good point. Can you send me translated strings for
wherever those appear?

Opinions please — is anyone against translating all uses of "claim",
"id", "passcode" and combinations of them?
They do turn up in quite a few places (a quick "egrep -i
'claim|passcode' fr_FR.zendto.po" will show you them all).

> Just one question though, about translation : where are store the
> translation for the buttons of the webui ? the “Home” button isn’t
> translated currently (and could’nt find the “Home” string in the .po) !

It is in there:

#: /opt/zendto/templates/header.tpl:71
msgid "Home"
msgstr "Home"

And it is used in templates/header.tpl.

And like the "Claim ID" and "Passcode" words, *should* it be translated?
The Spanish translator has translated "Home", but the German translator
hasn't. So it would appear to be a matter of opinion, but I can well
imagine those are down to the conventions of modern usage of each language.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

> Réponse ou transfert de la part de *Denis CARRE*

'Ever since the dawn of civilization, people have craved for an
  understanding of the underlying order of the world: why it is as
  it is, and why it exists at all. But even if we do find a complete
  theory of everything, it is just a set of rules and equations. What
  is it that breathes fire into the equations, and makes a universe
  for them to describe?' - Stephen Hawking