[ZendTo] Accentuated characters doesn't show correctly in mails sent by zendto v5

Francis francisd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 16:30:20 GMT 2018

> Hello,
>
> I just installed the new zendto v5. Thank you for the great work. The
> translations are very welcomed!
>
> I found that mails sent in french don't show accents (it shows question
> mark instead). Even if I have 'UTF-8' set in preferences.php for the
> SMTPcharset variable, zendto send the mail as us-ascii.

I think I found the problem.

In lib/NSSDropbox.php, add this after line 136 (before the call lof
bindtextdomain):
bind_textdomain_codeset('zendto', 'UTF-8');

Not sure if this is required, but I removed compiled template in
/var/zendto/templates_c then I restarted Apache. Seem to work fine so far.

I'm still unsure why this worked sometime... this is strange...

--
Francis