[ZendTo] FavouriteWindowsZip directive in zendto.conf

Duncan, Brian M. brian.duncan at kattenlaw.com
Mon Feb 5 14:34:03 GMT 2018

While in the process of setting up our new 5.x server I asked my helpdesk to sign off on the new server and create any documentation updates they need.

They pointed out that the default drop-off page states for users to use something like 7-zip.

Example:

Files uploaded to xxx.com are scanned for viruses. But still exercise the same degree of caution as you would with any other file you download. Users are also strongly encouraged to encrypt any files containing sensitive information (e.g. personal private information) using a tool such as "7-Zip", before sending them via xxx.com!

In 4.x I had modified whatever code was needed to leave a blurb about using our preferred archival tool (Winzip) I was hoping to avoid any customizations like this to 5.x.  I noticed the FavouriteWindowsZip directive in the zendto.conf, but it says it only applies to email notifications.  Is it supposed to also apply to the drop-off page code also?

I had changed the default of 7-Zip to Winzip hoping it would change the drop-off page text, but it does not look to have after restarting Apache.

Thanks,

Brian

BRIAN M. DUNCAN
Senior Information Security Engineer
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
525 W. Monroe Street / Chicago, IL 60661-3693
p / (312) 577-8045 f / (312) 577-4490
brian.duncan at kattenlaw.com / www.kattenlaw.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or
distribution of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction.  Please notify
the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original
message without making any copies.