[ZendTo] Kindly help

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Mon Sep 11 17:56:33 BST 2017

> 1-      Where ZendTo stores the uploaded files (repository path …..)?

By default, /var/zendto/dropoffs.  If I recall, you can change this in
preferences.php.

> 2-      Can we use store files on the server?

Library of Files

usingLibrary
If you frequently send one or more of a small set of files to recipients,
you don't want to have to upload each file to ZendTo every time. So this
"Library of Files" feature allows you to have a directory of
frequently-used files. When you come to choose what files to send to a
recipient, you can choose to either upload a file or pick from a file
already in the library. You can have a per-user library as well as a
default one, and the library feature will only be presented to the user if
there are files in their library. Also, the description used for each file
is remembered, so when you next send a particular library file to a
recipient, you won't even have to enter the description. To enable the
library feature, set this to true.

libraryDirectory
This points to the directory used by the "Library of Files" feature. All
files in this directory must be at least readable by the web server user.
The default set of files presented to a user should be placed in this
directory. Sub-directories of this are named after the username they
correspond to, and contain the set of files available to that user. The
per-user directory contents over-rides the default directory, it does not
add to it. A good way for users to manage their library would be to create
a WebDAV share that points to it, which is widely documented elsewhere.

Also, by default, /var/zendto/library.