[ZendTo] Question about requests

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu May 11 17:39:30 BST 2017

Dale,

On 09/05/2017 18:15, Dale E. Qualls wrote:
> 4.27 on CentOS7
Good start. :-)

> If you send a request for a drop off and put any text in the "short
> note", when the recipient of the request clicks on the link to
> actually do the drop off the text from the request form is already
> populating the "short note" on the landing page they come to.  That
> just doesn’t' seem right, shouldn't it be blank?  The person doing the
> drop off can delete the existing "short note" and type their own but
> it really shouldn't be there in the first place.
I wrote it that way so, by default, the person who sent the request in
the first place would get back the info they sent in the request. That
would give them some context so when they received the drop-off, they
would know what it was about. Very useful if you're dealing with 50
customers simultaneously, all of whom are sending you files pertaining
to their particular issue.

But you can change this behaviour very easily:

If you would like it to behave you describe (with the recipient of the
request getting a blank "short note" to fill in), you can change this by
just editing the relevant template file. Your modified template files
will not be overwritten by future upgrades.

In this case, you want to edit /opt/zendto/templates/new_dropoff.tpl.
Search for the string "Short note to the Recipients". You should find 1
occurrence at or around line 493.
In the line immediately below that, between the <textarea> and
</textarea> tags there should be exactly
     {$note}
Just remove that little bit (so there is nothing at all between the
<textarea> and </textarea> tags.
Save the file and exit the editor.

You're done. No need to restart anything, the new version of the file
will immediately be used.

This sort of change is exactly why the code and the user interface in
ZendTo are totally separate.
I actively encourage you to customise the user interface as much as you
like.
If you want to change the CSS used on the site, the place to put changes
is in the file /opt/zendto/www/css/local.css. This file will not be
overwritten by upgrades either.
And of course there are all the files in /opt/zendto/config, for which
the same rule applies.

To summarise, the places to put all your changes are these:
     /opt/zendto/config/*
     /opt/zendto/templates/*
     /opt/zendto/www/css/local.css
If you need to add files to /opt/zendto/www/* (anywhere under there),
you should add files rather than replace existing ones.
If you follow that, your customised files should not be touched by
future yum/apt/rpm/deb upgrades.

> Also, in regards to sending a request for a drop off, is it possible
> for the person completing the actual file drop off to NOT receive the
> BCC when they submit it to the zendto system.  This will always be an
> outside person, in my situation anyway, and it will probably be
> confusing to them when they receive the BCC for their submission.  I
> love the BCC option for my senders, before they were instructed to
> always include themselves as a recipient which looked a little strange
> IMO.

So am I correct in saying you would like finer control over the
'bccSenders' setting, so that it could be TRUE for internal senders, but
FALSE for external senders?
If so, that's pretty easy. I would just add another config option for
it, probably called something like 'bccExternalSenders', so you could
set that to FALSE while leaving 'bccSenders' set to TRUE.
The actual logic in the code is pretty much all there already, for other
uses.

Donations, made for writing particular features for you, are always very
welcome! :-)

> I think that's it for now.
>
> Thanks!!
>

> Dale E. Qualls
> Director of Information Technology
> Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard & Geraldson LLP
> 200 South Wacker Drive, Suite 2900
> Chicago, IL 60606-5896
> Direct: (312) 554-7979 Main: (312) 554-8000 Fax: (312) 554-8015
> deq at pattishall.com <mailto:deq at pattishall.com> www.pattishall.com
> <http://www.pattishall.com> Follow us on Twitter
> <http://www.twitter.com/Pattishall>
>
> 				Pattishall Ranks GOLD in the United States and in Illinois in the
> prestigious
> WTR 1000

> The preceding message and any attachments may contain confidential
> information protected by the attorney-client or other privilege. You
> may not forward this message or any attachments without the permission
> of the sender. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error,
> please reply to the sender that you received the message in error and
> then delete it. Nothing in this email message, including the typed
> name of the sender and/or this signature block, is intended to
> constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
> contrary is included in the message.

'We face neither East nor West: we face forward.' - Kwame Nkrumah