[ZendTo] Zendto feature requests

TEXIER Thomas thomas.texier at anses.fr
Fri Mar 31 13:29:59 BST 2017

Hi,

I'm working as CTO in a french govt agency with 1500+ users.
We are seriously considering using Zendto to support our big files exchanges requirements.

If I may, I would suggest some features that may be interesting to include in future builds:

·         For people invited (not logged users) to pick-up or drop-off files: an option to hide information like IP address (network information), number of downloads and dates, etc.

·         For people invited (not logged users) to drop-off: an option to disable email notification when logged user pick-up the file

·         When logged users make a drop-off: an option to NOT include claimID and passcode in the email (and the link in it) and let the user give it to people by another way (sms or anything but not managed by zendto). A reminder of the base URL of the application to send to people would be nice to.

·         When logged users make a drop-off: an option to deselect by default the "send email message to recipients" check box. This would disable the + icon to add email addresses as well.

·         When drop-offs are expired: the ability to display history of dropboffs, downloads, etc. even if the files itselves are not available anymore.

·         When logged users make a drop-off : an option to limit the number of downloads to X times only. When reached, download is not possible anymore.

·         In the home page for anonymous users: dropoff and pickup buttons could be swapped.

·         In the logged in user home page: I think you should swap "pick-up" and "request drop off" buttons because it requires first to make a request then to pick it up.

·         The first drop-off page where the program asks a request code is not very easy to handle for loggued in people who wants to drop off a file. This might be better to put a check box just before the next button that would show the Request Code textbox. Or maybe consider a "pure" dropoff diffently than a "dropoff" after a request to dropoff. That would avoid confusion to users.

·         Multilingual: possibility to configure default language and others languages.

On all pages, a listbox allowing to switch between configured languages with template support.

I understand that may be a lot of work to make all the adjustments.

I don't know if you'll take this suggestions into account; anyway, thank you for your time and work on this project; this is a very interesting and usefull application.
Keep goin'! :)

NB : after upgrading our test instance from 4.20-6 to 4.24-3, it seems the email sent when dropping-off or requesting to dropoff have a problem: the email is received by people but it is empty. I rolled back to 4.20-6 and it works again. I haven't looked a lot about that issue and that might be just a problem in our config files (we used the upgrade_preferences_php utility to overwrite the previous config and did nothing more than that).

Regards,
--
Thomas TEXIER
Email: thomas.texier at anses.fr<mailto:thomas.texier at anses.fr>