[ZendTo] [Non-DoD Source] Re: confirmation of downloads

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Mar 31 12:10:08 BST 2017

Howard and others,

I have just released a new beta 4.24-5 which

a) incorporates new preferences.php setting 'allowExternalUploads' (TRUE
by default). If you set this to FALSE, then users who cannot login can
only upload files to you if you've sent them a Request Code; they can't
just send you files as and when they please. There is also a new error
message in zendto.conf "ErrorRequestUsedNoUploads", so please make sure
that is in your version of that file too.

b) Ubuntu installer improved.

Howard — Let me know if it does/doesn't do what you wanted!

On 30/03/2017 12:44, Jules wrote:
> Howard,

>>> A feature that we have implemented, which I imaging would be useful
>>> to others,
>>> is to only allow unauthenticated (external) users to upload if they
>>> receive a
>>> drop-off request.   Removing the Drop-off button for unauthenticated
>>> users is
>>> easy.  Leaving the Drop-off button but only allowing the entry of a
>>> request
>>> code (in case they needed to upload before receiving the email or
>>> didn't have
>>> immediate access to email), was a bit more challenging.
>>>
>> Okay, that does seem like a reasonable request.
>> It's on my to do list.
> It turned out to be pretty easy, so it's done and will be in the next
> beta (due out shortly).
> There is a new setting in preferences.php called
> 'allowExternalUploads' (normally TRUE, but you will want FALSE).
> There's also a new error message in zendto.conf which a quick diff
> will show you.
>
> Let me know if it does/doesn't do what you wanted!
>
> Cheers,

'There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.
  The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.' - Anon