[ZendTo] IE changes broke uploads

Kash, Howard M CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) howard.m.kash.civ at mail.mil
Thu Jun 8 12:47:44 BST 2017

This appears to be the case.  Compatibility View is now being enforced for
our domain via Group Policy.  I was able to get around it by adding the
following to my httpd.conf:

Header always append X-UA-Compatible IE=edge

Howard

Der PCFreak
> Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 7:37 PM
> To: zendto at zend.to
> Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [ZendTo] IE changes broke uploads
>

> Hi,
>
> as far as I remember Microsoft browsers enable 'Compatibility Mode' for
> all intranet sites.
> Intranet sites are detected either by IP, fqdn or if excluded from proxy
> (if a proxy is set up).
>
> By default in MS browsers all intranet sites are displayed in
> compatibility mode (... to make that good old intranet apps run without
> problems...).
> So often time such sites will be automatically displayed in IE6/IE7
> compatibility mode and therefor do not work as expected.
>
> Because I had similar issues where the compatibility mode made me crazy
> until I found out about the above, it might also help you.
>
> But as always your problem could have a totally different cause but
> would be nice to hear from you if the cause is found.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Peter
> Am 07.06.2017 um 21:49 schrieb Kash, Howard M CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US):
> > Recent GPO changes at our site for IE 11 on Windows 7 has caused uploads
to stop
> working.  After clicking "Drop off Files", the upload pop-up appears but
the progress bar
> doesn't show any progress and the page freezes.  In the debugger it
reports "'FormData' is
> undefined".  Uploads work if Document mode is set to "Edge" instead of "7
(default)" in
> the developers tools Emulation tab.  A Google search brings up lots of
similar issues, for
> example:

Caution-http://onicodeline.blogspot.com/2013/06/replace-jquery-formdata-for-
file-