[ZendTo] Recaptcha suddenly falling for multiple users

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Jan 20 16:19:39 GMT 2017

I've just put 4.20-2 on the website. The only change is this fix to
upgrade_preferences_php.

On 20/01/2017 16:12, Jules wrote:
> Richard,
>
> The version number you want to display is set in preferences.php in
> the ZTVERSION setting right near the top.
>
> Sorry, I missed a set of quotes in the upgrade_preferences_php script
> so it won't update the ZTVERSION value automatically.
>
> Please try the attached script (gzip-ed) and it should fix that problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Jules.
>

> On 20/01/2017 15:41, Burns, Richard H. wrote:
>>
>> I apparently upgraded and didn’t know it. I restarted apache, but it
>> still shows Version 4.12 on the splash screen. The easiest way to
>> verify I was running the new version was the “How secure is ZendTo”
>> link on the main page which says it was introduced in 4.19-4. It
>> appears the upgrade PHP script doesn’t change that setting.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Richard Burns
>>
>> Servers and Systems Administrator | Information Technology
>>
>> 816-415-7633 (office)
>>
>> 816-785-2405 (cell)
>>
>> **
>>
>> William Jewell College: Live What You Learn | www.jewell.edu
>> <http://www.jewell.edu/>
>>
>> /Please join Jewell in conservation efforts. Print this email only if
>> necessary./
>>
>> *From: *<zendto-bounces at zend.to> on behalf of Jules <Jules at zend.to>
>> *Date: *Friday, January 20, 2017 at 3:59 AM
>> *To: *ZendTo Users <zendto at zend.to>
>> *Subject: *Re: [ZendTo] Recaptcha suddenly falling for multiple users
>>
>> If you're already running ZendTo on the server, just update the
>> RPM/DEB file via yum or apt-get.
>> No need to do a fresh installation at all.
>>
>> The installer is designed for *new* ZendTo servers.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jules.
>>
>> On 19/01/2017 19:42, Burns, Richard H. wrote:
>>
>>     I tried some test accounts, and from the link of the user who first reported it to me with the same result. I also tired switching browsers and switch OS platforms with the same result. No one is in the Google site but me, and likewise no one gets into the server. But I verified the keys anyway and they are correct.
>>

>>     I gave a valiant effort to update to the new version, but stop during the rebuild of PHP. My server has mysql-5.5.45-1.el6.remi.x86_64 already installed, but the installed wanted mysql-5.1.73-7.el6. I could remove that, but then it wanted to remove zendto.noarch as a dependency and I could see that breaking the site. I may have to spin up a new server to transition to the new version.
>>

>>     During the process of the install, I found I was having troubles access the outside repositories. We have done some firewall changes, so I rebooted the server and both the repositories AND the ReCaptcha started working. I don’t quite why that affected it, but it seemed to.
>>

>>     Thanks for the help!

>> Jules
>> --
>> Julian Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng
> [...]

'What happened in the past that was painful, has a great deal to
  do with what we are today.' - William Glasser