[ZendTo] Recaptcha suddenly falling for multiple users

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Jan 20 16:12:24 GMT 2017

Richard,

The version number you want to display is set in preferences.php in the
ZTVERSION setting right near the top.

Sorry, I missed a set of quotes in the upgrade_preferences_php script so
it won't update the ZTVERSION value automatically.

Please try the attached script (gzip-ed) and it should fix that problem.

On 20/01/2017 15:41, Burns, Richard H. wrote:

> I apparently upgraded and didn’t know it. I restarted apache, but it
> still shows Version 4.12 on the splash screen. The easiest way to
> verify I was running the new version was the “How secure is ZendTo”
> link on the main page which says it was introduced in 4.19-4. It
> appears the upgrade PHP script doesn’t change that setting.
>
> --
>
> Richard Burns
>
> Servers and Systems Administrator | Information Technology
>
> 816-415-7633 (office)
>
> 816-785-2405 (cell)
>
> **
>
> William Jewell College: Live What You Learn | www.jewell.edu
> <http://www.jewell.edu/>
>
> /Please join Jewell in conservation efforts. Print this email only if
> necessary./
>
> *From: *<zendto-bounces at zend.to> on behalf of Jules <Jules at zend.to>
> *Date: *Friday, January 20, 2017 at 3:59 AM
> *To: *ZendTo Users <zendto at zend.to>
> *Subject: *Re: [ZendTo] Recaptcha suddenly falling for multiple users
>
> If you're already running ZendTo on the server, just update the
> RPM/DEB file via yum or apt-get.
> No need to do a fresh installation at all.
>
> The installer is designed for *new* ZendTo servers.
>
> Cheers,
> Jules.
>
> On 19/01/2017 19:42, Burns, Richard H. wrote:
>
>     I tried some test accounts, and from the link of the user who first reported it to me with the same result. I also tired switching browsers and switch OS platforms with the same result. No one is in the Google site but me, and likewise no one gets into the server. But I verified the keys anyway and they are correct.
>

>     I gave a valiant effort to update to the new version, but stop during the rebuild of PHP. My server has mysql-5.5.45-1.el6.remi.x86_64 already installed, but the installed wanted mysql-5.1.73-7.el6. I could remove that, but then it wanted to remove zendto.noarch as a dependency and I could see that breaking the site. I may have to spin up a new server to transition to the new version.
>

>     During the process of the install, I found I was having troubles access the outside repositories. We have done some firewall changes, so I rebooted the server and both the repositories AND the ReCaptcha started working. I don’t quite why that affected it, but it seemed to.
>

>     Thanks for the help!

> Julian Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng
> 'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
> www.Zend.To <http://www.Zend.To>

Julian Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng

'In Flanders fields the poppies blow
  Between the crosses, row on row,
  That mark our place: and in the sky
  The larks still bravely singing fly
  Scarce heard amid the guns below.

  We are the dead: Short days ago,
  We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
  Loved and were loved: and now we lie
  In Flanders fields!

  Take up our quarrel with the foe
  To you, from failing hands, we throw
  The torch: be yours to hold it high
  If ye break faith with us who die,
  We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
  In Flanders fields.' Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae

Composed at the battlefront on May 3, 1915
during the second battle of Ypres, Belgium