[ZendTo] New beta 4 out

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Jan 12 18:51:12 GMT 2017

I have hopefully fixed the missing Google reCAPTCHA bug.
After a large amount of work, I have discovered that the "Real Progress
Bar" is never going to work on Ubuntu 16 as it uses PHP 7.

The progress bar relies on nice features in the APC (or APCu) php
module. Unfortunately, when they went from APCu 4 to APCu 5 (presumably
to get something that would build against PHP 7), they removed all the
nice features (rfc1867 support) from the module.

I have even tried porting all the rfc1867 code from version 4 to version
5 myself. Unfortunately there are loads of dependencies on PHP 5, which
are very different in PHP 7. It would need the original authors to fix
this, or else a free few weeks of my time to do it.

As a result, the new installer automatically disables the "Real Progress
Bar" if you are using Ubuntu 16 or above.

I think we are now very close to a production release, provided I
haven't screwed up anything major since the last beta 3.
So if plenty of you could test this one, I would be *really* grateful!

The sooner you are confident it works, the sooner I will release it as a
"production" release.

Thanks all!

Julian Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng

'Talent is God-given ... be humble;
  fame is man-given ... be grateful;
  conceit is self-given ... be careful.' - John Wooden