[ZendTo] Zendto feature requests

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sat Apr 1 17:54:21 BST 2017

Thomas,

Many thanks for all the feature requests!

A lot of them can be done by just editing the template files in
/opt/zendto/templates, which define the look of the user interface.
You are free to edit those yourself, any you change will be kept across
yum/apt upgrades.

I will take a look at them. I don't want ZendTo to "feature creep" in
the same way that I let MailScanner do, so please don't expect me to
implement all of them.
I would be interested to hear others' thoughts on the feature requests.

The bug with getting blank mail was a typo on my part.

If you look in preferences.php and search for "SMTP", there are now a
new bunch of settings there. If you set your mail configuration there,
it will start sending pretty HTML email messages (fully MIME-compliant
with text bodies as well).
If you leave 'SMTPserver' set to blank (which is what you have now) then
it will continue to send text-only messages using the underlying
sendmail/Postfix configuration.

There is also a new setting 'serverRoot' which you will need to set
(otherwise the URL in reminder emails will be broken).
And there are a few new things in zendto.conf as well, so please do
"diff" your old one against the new one to find the new extra lines.
I'll write a tool to handle that upgrade for you as well at some point. :-)

I have just released a new beta for you, which fixes the blank email bug
and has improved the installer quite a bit.