[ZendTo] automatic cleanup of old files not occurring -- where to I start troubleshooting?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herffjones.com
Tue Jun 7 00:39:52 BST 2016

Replying to myself, first, I'm sorry if that last message came through as something other than plain text - it wasn't meant to.  I'm cursed with Outlook+Exchange.

Next, I kept looking through the list archives and noticed this email where Seth Turner has a cron job run by root to execute cleanup.php - I'll try that approach, combined with an abundance of caution in the form of extra backups the first time.

That lead me to "locate zend |grep cron", which lead me to a crontab.html page in zendto docs someone had moved out of the normal location...and that in turn says these three crontab entries should be added to /etc/cron.d/zendto.

It appears I have an answer.

I would still appreciate any other thoughts / advice, as well as any pointers to where this is in the docs online that I've missed, as the docs in my installation appear to have been intentionally moved to an inaccessible spot.

--
Trever