[ZendTo] Large uploads failing / connection reset errors

Matt Keller mkeller at okcthunder.com
Wed Feb 10 18:30:41 GMT 2016

I just setup a new instance of ZendTo and am running into a slight issue. For some reason, uploads are not working consistently. A lot of the time I’ll try to upload a file and the progress bar will just sit at 100% for about 30 seconds and then Chrome will give me an “err_connection_reset” page. Other times, the upload will start and then halfway through I’ll get the “err_connection_reset” page. Sometimes the uploads work great. What is very strange is that certain file types seems to work better than others. (E.g. ISO files don’t work 90% of the time whereas .MOV files work 90% of the time)

Firefox seems to be a bit better but still has random errors. For example, it just froze on a 1.6gb file upload. The progress bar is about 75% but it says Remaining 0%. After waiting a while I got a connection was reset message.

I installed ZendTo on CentOS 6.7 using the install instructions on the main site. The only thing I skipped was the 64-bit php instructions based off of advice from this mailing list. (Since CentOS 6 comes with 64bit PHP so I don’t need to recompile)

It would be very helpful if there were some logs I could look at to try and diagnose the issue. None of the apache logs show anything of consequence as far as I can tell.

okcthunder.com

[Go Thunder!]
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or errorless as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. endtag