[ZendTo] Re: Auto-deletion of files

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon Mar 23 14:47:16 GMT 2015

On 23/03/2015 14:35, Greg Mills wrote:
> Hi Grey and Jules,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. It's always good to hear from people who have
> used the product for a while.
You could say I've used it for a while :-)
> I think the dropoff lifetime setting could work for us. As long as
> data is not left on the server for an unreasonable length of time,
> I'll be happy.
Most people set the life time to 2-4 weeks.
> Our current FTP server had data from 2010 just sitting there because
> no one has been managing it.
One of the great advantages of ZendTo is that you don't need to do
anything to it, it self-manages. My install of it here
(dropoff.soton.ac.uk) gets about 800GB per month uploaded to it, and
requires absolute zero maintenance effort.

> Thanks, I'll give it a try.
>
> Do you find it stable and is help from the developer available at all
> if needed?
Most people find that once it's all setup and running (not hard), it
looks after itself.
> I notice he's not offering commercial supp[ort contracts at this time.
Sorry, I don't have the energy to do out-of-office-hours support work on
it, and the University keep me occupied doing other things these days.