[ZendTo] Re: Auto-deletion of files

Gray McCord gdm at sangabriel.com
Mon Mar 23 14:07:17 GMT 2015

I believe there are two mechanisms that can be used by Zendto to delete uploaded files. The one I think you are referring to is where a user manually deletes a dropoff. In my experience, this is very rarely used by my users. The other mechanism is a system-wide auto delete, where the admin can set a lifetime for all dropoffs after which the system deletes them.  I believe the default is 2 weeks, but you can set it to whatever you want in the config file. As far as I know, there is no mechanism built into Zendto to auto-delete right after a dropoff is downloaded, although a little php code could solve that if you need it.
I’ve been using Zendto for a couple of years now, and my users love it.  No more asking IT to set up an ftp account for a one-off file transfer.

Hope this helps,

Gray

Gray McCord

Adapt, Mutate, Migrate, or Die