[ZendTo] how to change sender-domain in mail for dropoff-receiver

wolfgang.wagner at riwa-gis.de wolfgang.wagner at riwa-gis.de
Wed Mar 12 17:54:58 GMT 2014

Hello,

Our zendto has an internal fully qualified domainname:

zendto.in.riwa-gis.de

This name is inserted in the mail with the downloadlink:

  http: // zendto.in.riwa-gis.de/pickup.php?claimID=............

But this domain "in.riwa-gis.de" can not resolved from outside our organisation.

Our outside-domain is only riwa-gis.de, so zendto should be visible in the mail as zendto.riwa-gis.de . This name can resolved via DNS from outside.
The FQDN from outside is "zendto.riwa-gis.de", but not in the mail.

I tried many options to change hostname and domain on the machine itself, but the link in the mail stays always with the internal DNS-name.

Where comes this setting from and how can I modify this setting?

mit freundlichen Gruessen

Wolfgang Wagner
Systemadministration

RIWA GmbH
Gesellschaft fuer Geoinformationen
Zwingerstr. 2, 87435 Kempten
Tel: +49 (0) 831 / 522963-537
Fax: +49 (0) 831 / 522963-546
E-Mail: wolfgang.wagner at riwa-gis.de
http://www.riwa-gis.de

RIWA GmbH, Zwingerstrasse 2, 87435 Kempten
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kempten (Allgaeu)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Kempten, HRB 6480
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dipl.-Ing. Guenter Kraus