[ZendTo] Anyone doing ZendTo on Solaris?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jan 23 01:34:25 GMT 2013

I am very pleased to see ZendTo and am evaluating it and preparing a
pitch to my bosses. I'm anticipating questions about operating systems.
In past decades, we've run AIX and linux, but we are now a Solaris shop.
I hesitate to open the linux can of worms again.

I have both the RHEL and Centos VMs running under VirtualBox, so I know
the linux approach works. However, I'm not ready to introduce another OS
into my support matrix unless I have to.

I have the tar deployed and (mostly) running on Solaris 10. Before I
spend a lot of time figuring out my remaining problems (ldaps
authentication and >2GB support), I thought I'd ask, is anyone here
already running ZendTo in production on Solaris? Do you have notes you'd
like to share? If so, I'd love to read them. If not, I'll finish my
build and offer my notes to the list archive for future reference.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration