[ZendTo] Re: Drop-offs and real name requirement

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Jan 10 09:25:52 GMT 2013

On 09/01/2013 15:47, Achim J. Latz wrote:
> Hello Jules:
>
> A couple of observations/questions:
>
> 1) On a drop-off requested by an authenticated user, the (non
> authenticated) recipient of the request can add recipients other than
> the originator: is that a feature?
Yes. That way one person in the organisation can send the request to the
"originator", they can then add other people inside the organisation
that they also need to send it to.
>   I think it is more of a security
> whole, as a user can add several other email addresses to that
> particular email and use the system to send email. How do you see this?
I don't agree. As they aren't authenticated, they should still have to
be email addresses inside the organisation. The purpose of the "request"
system is to make it easier for outside users to send files into an
organisation without having to do the relatively complex authentication
process for external users who can't login.
> Basically: The sender is fixed, shouldn't the recipient be as well?
Feel free to change the code to work the way you want it to.

> 2) What is the reason behind asking for real names for recipients in a
> drop-off? The separate pop-up and requiring a real name in addition to
> the email address, needing to click "add" and then close the pop-up
> window instead of just entering (space, comma) separated email addresses
> in the "To" text field makes the whole process more complex (and
> click-heavy) than it needs to be, I think.
Click on the "+". Type the name. Press Tab. Type the email address.
Press escape. You are now in the "Note/Comment" field on the web page.

Can't make it much faster than that.

> 3) The "Organisation" field can be updated by users at every drop-off.
> What is the reason behind that, as the other fields (name & email) are
> not editable? Am I missing a potential use case here?
Yes you are. Many people in our place, certainly, want to put their
department name in the Organisation text as well. Again, it's a simple
edit to the template file to make this a hidden field instead of a text
box. Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes.

Julian Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait