[ZendTo] Drop-offs and real name requirement

Achim J. Latz achim+zendto at qustodium.net
Wed Jan 9 15:47:57 GMT 2013

Hello Jules:

A couple of observations/questions:

1) On a drop-off requested by an authenticated user, the (non
authenticated) recipient of the request can add recipients other than
the originator: is that a feature? I think it is more of a security
whole, as a user can add several other email addresses to that
particular email and use the system to send email. How do you see this?
Basically: The sender is fixed, shouldn't the recipient be as well?

2) What is the reason behind asking for real names for recipients in a
drop-off? The separate pop-up and requiring a real name in addition to
the email address, needing to click "add" and then close the pop-up
window instead of just entering (space, comma) separated email addresses
in the "To" text field makes the whole process more complex (and
click-heavy) than it needs to be, I think.

3) The "Organisation" field can be updated by users at every drop-off.
What is the reason behind that, as the other fields (name & email) are
not editable? Am I missing a potential use case here?

Best regards, Achim