[ZendTo] Re: Probably a stupid questionŠ .

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Aug 8 17:08:20 BST 2013

On 8/8/2013 1:10 AM, Phil Daws wrote:
> You could always front ZendTo with HAProxy and if you trust your
> internal network you could go the route of: Internet (HTTP/S) ->
> HAProxy (Redirects HTTP -> HTTPS FrontEnd) -> HAProxy (HTTPS) ->
> ZendTo (HTTP)
>
> This will work as-long as you use the 1.5dev branch of HAProxy.
> HAProxy will handle all the SSL aspect of the connection.

I can proxy https to http with mod-proxy on the apache web server and
the performance is much better. But, I treat all of my internal networks
as hostile so https is just as important there as on the external network.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration