[ZendTo] Re: Admin functions

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Apr 26 11:13:56 BST 2013

The best approach with setting up AD is this: (copied from a previous
message to someone else)

The best approach with AD settings is to play with ldapsearch until you
find a set of settings that will make it list the user attributes you need.

Here's a sample ldapsearch command for you

ldapsearch -x -LLL -E pr=200/noprompt -h 10.20.1.5 -D 'rcain' -w '*****'
-b 'DC=peoriariverfrontmuseum,DC=org' -s sub '(sAMAccountName=*)' cn
mail memberOf

and play around with that until you find a "-b" setting and a "-D"
setting that works for you.

Hope that helps!

For the admin functions, list the usernames of your admin users in the
"authAdmins" setting in preferences.php. Then when they are logged in
they will see extra red buttons on the main menu.

Jules.