[ZendTo] Re: Progress bar resets to 100% after 1 hour

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu May 31 15:00:33 BST 2012

On 31/05/2012 12:54, Nick Forbes (Incepta) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been using ZendTo for a few months and just want to say what a
> great project this is.

Glad you like it!

> We have come across just one problem what I hope someone might be able
> to help me with?
>
> Whenever we upload a large file that takes more than an hour, the
> progress bar gets reset to 100% one hour after the upload starts. The
> upload continues in the background and eventually the "drop-off
> successful" page will appear.
>
> This happens with IE (x86 and x64), Firefox and Chrome (all on
> Windows). We have tested it from multiple locations both on and off
> our network.
>
> Our environment is Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS (x86)

Why only 32-bit? You'll limit yourself to maximum 2GB uploads.

> with Apache 2.2.14, PHP 5.3.2, APC 3.1.3. I have checked the timeouts
> in php.ini and they are all set to 7200 seconds so I am puzzled as to
> what could be causing the progress bar to stop working like this after
> an hour?

Have you checked apc.ini as well?

> Has anyone come across this before or suggest where I can try
> investigating next?

Exact timing problems like this are always caused by session time
limits. Also ensure any setting in preferences.php that has "TTL" in its
name is set to a large enough value and not 3600.

Jules.

> Many thanks,
>
> Nick.

'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
'That is the land of lost content,
  I see it shining plain,
  The happy highways where I went,
  And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman