[ZendTo] Proxy setup for recaptcha not working

David Strachan david_strachan at anitech.com.au
Tue Mar 27 07:42:18 BST 2012

Hi.

I'm trying to set up a proxy host in the preferences.php file for recaptcha.
I have set values for both the 'recaptchaProxyHost' and 'recaptchaProxyPort'
but are getting a screen with "Could not open Socket" after trying to
submit an answer
to the "recaptcha" question.

If I comment out the proxyhost & port values, reconfigure my test box to
have a direct
network connection, it works correctly so I must have set up the private
and public
recaptcha keys correctly.

Can you give me some pointers to where to start looking? The logs on the
proxy server
don't show any connection to the Google servers, from the test boxes IP
address, so It
looks like it hasn't made a connection to the proxy.

Have I found a bug? Have other people had success using Zendto behind a
Proxy?

Thanks for your help.

  --
regards,